For teeth that have been chipped, cracked, discolored or misarranged, bonding can be used to restore them back to their natural appearance. The procedure can be completed in a single appointment, allowing you to gain your smile back quickly and affordably.
During the procedure:
- The surface of the tooth is etched and the bonding liquid is applied to the area
- Once set, a plastic resin is applied and sculpted to match the proper shape of the tooth
- Finally, the area is trimmed and polished, restoring the tooth to it’s natural appearance
The bonding material lasts up to 5 years, and may need some minor repair over time. For questions about bonding, contact our office.
An increasingly popular alternative to silver amalgam fillings are composite white fillings. Unlike amalgam fillings, composite fillings are virtually invisible and our team at Berkshire Dental can shade them according to the color of your teeth to create a perfect match, giving you a beautiful, white smile!
Benefits of Composite White Fillings
- Created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel
- Because composite fillings can be created in smaller preparations, less of your tooth structure is lost and less drilling is needed
- The material is made from acrylic and glass particles, containing no mercury or other metals
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure, and insulates against temperature changes
The Filling Process
- First, the targeted tooth is prepared to remove decay
- Next, a bonding agent is applied to the prepared tooth
- The composite material is placed and molded to your tooth structure
- The material is hardened by focusing intense light rays on it for about a minute
The filling is now complete and you have a bright, natural-looking new tooth!
Your filling brightness can be maintained by simply practicing good oral hygiene and avoiding staining food and drinks such as coffee, soda, tea, etc. For more information on composite white fillings or to schedule an appointment, call your Tulsa dentist at (918) 250-9528 and let us rejuvenate your smile!